Rodents such as rats and mouse are common pest that can take serious damage to your properties and even in your family’s health. They can chew on everything from plastic to wood. Look for signs of rat or mouse infestation. You may never see a mouse or rat unless an infestation is severe.
Here are 8 signs of a Rodent infestation
- Rodent droppings. Rodents often leave their droppings in cupboards or around walls.
- Shredded paper, fabric, or dried shrub matter around nesting materials.
- Signs of chewing on food packaging. This is a clear indication that you have an unwanted houseguest (or several) and that your snacks are in jeopardy.
- Holes chewed through walls and floors that create entry points into the home.
- Gnawed electrical wires. Their gnawing on electrical wiring has been blamed for many house fires making them a serious risk.
- Stale smells coming from hidden areas.
- Food debris – Rodents are not the cleanest guests. They may excel at staying out of sight but they are likely to leave behind piles of debris from feeding.
- Hearing noises at night. Mice and rats are most active at night.