More than half million people are sent to the emergency room every year due to stinging insects. Take some of these tips that will help you deal with these pesky creatures.
- Wear shoes, especially in grassy areas.
- Stinging insects are attracted to sweets; do not leave drinks or food in accessible areas.
- Do not attempt to remove a nest on your own or swing/swat at stinging insects; an aggressive reaction and repeated stinging may occur.
- Keep windows and doors properly close.
- Promptly remove garbage and store it in sealed receptacles.
- If stung and you have a reaction, seek immediate medical attention as reactions can be severe.
- If you suspect a stinging insect infestation on your property, contact a licensed pest professional to remedy the problem.