Ants maybe those annoying insects that always bothers you when indoors or outdoors, but do you know that they actually help the environment?
Here are some of our picks for Top 10 Ant Facts!
- Ants don’t have lungs. Oxygen enters through tiny holes all over the body and carbon dioxide leaves through the same holes.
- Some queen ants can live for many years and have millions of babies!
- When foraging, ants leave a pheromone trail so that they know where they’ve been.
- Ants don’t have ears. Ants “hear” by feeling vibrations in the ground through their feet.
- There are three kinds of ants in a colony: The queen, the female workers, and males.
- There are more than 12,000 species of ants all over the world.
- An ant can lift 20 times its own body weight. If a second grader was as strong as an ant, she would be able to pick up a car!
- When ants fight, it is usually to the death!
Do you have an Ant problem that needs to be resolve? Contact Us today and we’re happy to help!