On a recent article, we’ve told you some of the factors on what attracts termites into your home. But what if, it’s too late that you’re already invaded! What are the signs of a termite infestation? Termites cause millions of dollars in property damage each year. Your home, especially on wooden structures or furniture, are susceptible to these invaders.
Here are the Top 5 signs of a termite infestation:
- Discarded wings, near windowsills and doors, are often the only outwardly visible sign of an infestation
- Subterranean termites build mud tubes found near the home’s foundation to provide moisture while they travel between their colony and food source
- Wood that is soft and sounds hollow when tapped, or dark and blistering pieces of wood
- Uneven or bubbling paint is often a sign of moisture build-up, which could mean one of two things – water damage or termites
- Light, wood-coloured droppings that resemble sawdust inside or outside the home
As we approach on warmer climate, termites will always be on the look-out. It’s always important for homeowners to know how to spot a termite issue. As prevention is better than cure, so as in termite problem. You can always contact a licensed pest professional to deal with such infestation.