Not only are residential homes are vulnerable to pest infestation, even businesses too are susceptible. Your reputation might be at risk if you have unwanted visitors, especially for food establishments. And so the best way to prevent such invasions is to be proactive.
You cannot truly avoid pests as they will find ways to enter your business. But you can follow these steps to minimize the chances of an infestation:
- Look for a pest professional that specializes in working with commercial establishments that can conduct a thorough audit of the exterior of the property.
- Cockroaches are the most common forms of pests in a building. They like moisture, so the best way to prevent them is to keep places such as the comfort room and pantry dry at all times.
- You can install or use Sodium-vapor lamps instead of incandescent bulbs to repel insects such as mosquitoes. Insects such as mosquitoes don’t like warm colored lights.
- Your facility must have a waste management system. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers at all times, and disposed of on a regular basis.
- Repair any cracks and crevices especially on places such pantry/kitchen as pests could sneak into.
Pest will always find ways to enter into one’s property. And so it’s an integral part of an establishment to conduct a thorough preventive measure in every way. You should always consider contacting your local pest expert to assess your building for pest susceptibility.